Okay y’all I am so excited to share this recipe that I found from another blogger and I just can not help but share this recipe with you! It was so good and so easy to make! To find this recipe go check out saltandlavender.com look under Recipes and find Creamy lemon and fresh tomato salmon pasta! So delicious!
Now i know i am not the greatest cook but I’ve come along way and have definitely gotten better through the years and nothing brings joy to my heart than hearing my husband and my children say, “Wow mommy this is so good! You’re the bestest cooker ever!” Their words..not mine! And don’t get me started on the joy i had to see that their plates were spotless!!!!! So I would say mission accomplished on yet another successful family dinner.
So what I’ve done basically is google food bloggers who love to cook and pick out a recipe that I want to try and just go for it! Plus I make sure I already have everything I need in my refrigerator. Yes I am aware that that is poor planning but hey I’m a working progress y’all. Also let me just add too that this recipe was sooooo easy to make. It took me just 20 minutes to make so my kids were not going crazy by dinner time acting like zombies because they were starving. So yes let’s be clear real quick, I am not taking credit for this recipe! I am simply sharing this recipe for other people to check it out on @salt&lavender website and tell you that this amazing easy recipe she made and how delicious it was for my whole family. I am not a food critic either, just a mom who wanted to try something new for dinner for her family to like.
Creamy Lemon and Fresh Tomato Salmon Pasta
Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 20 minutes S Author Salt & Lavender
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1/2 pound fresh salmon
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Juice and zest of 1/2 medium lemon (about 1 tbsp juice)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Boil a salted pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with Italian seasoning and salt & pepper, to taste
- Add oil and butter to a skillet on medium heat. Sear salmon for 3 minutes/side. Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- Add the tomato, cream, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Stir until smooth and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the parmesan.
- Add the salmon back into the pan, and use a spoon to break it up into smaller pieces. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the pasta is cooked, toss it with the sauce. Serve with parsley and some extra grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- don’t substitute the cream with half-and-half or milk because the sauce is likely to curdle due to the amount of citrus in this recipe.